On 1st June 2019 the Tenant Fee Ban came into force in the UK.
Whilst some charges were abolished and/or amended under the Bill, as well as paying the rent tenants will also be required to make permitted payments.
Tenants Permitted Payments (as of 1st June 2019)
In addition to the rent tenants may also be required to make permitted payments:
Before the tenancy starts (payable to the Agent)
Holding Deposit: 1 weeks rent
Deposit: 5 weeks rent
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
1. Payment if you want to change the Tenancy Agreement
2. Payment of interest for reasonably late payment of rent
3. Payment for the incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
4 Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
During the tenancy (payable to the provider/supplier)
1. Utilities – gas, electricity, water
2. Communications – telephone & broadband installation and or subscription to cable/satellite
3. Television licence
4. Council Tax
Propertymark Client Protection Money Scheme I The Tenancy Dispute Service I Association of Residential Letting Agents I The Property Ombudsman
Permitted Payments - PDF Download
For associated payments please download the fee schedule below.